We’re sailing from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. You will need to have your cruise documents and government-issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport) ready when arriving at the Port’s security checkpoint. For information about parking at the port or other port questions, please check out the “Cruising” section on their website: http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/
For our passengers, boarding is between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm – seriously – don’t show up earlier, you WILL be kept in a holding area and not allowed to board the ship until 1:00 pm (or later).
Be on board BY 3:30 pm! The gangway closes at 4:00 pm sharp after which NO ONE may board. Ft. Lauderdale airport is approximately 10-20 minutes from Port Everglades. Plan accordingly!
Passports are not required, but are strongly recommended. f you choose not to get a passport, you MUST have an original, raised-seal, state-issued (not hospital issued) birth certificate AND a driver’s license with you. The two documents must have matching names. If for some reason the names do not match (marriage, etc.), you will need a copy of a legal document(s) explaining why (marriage certificate, etc.).
– See Required Travel Documents
Important Reminders for a Smooth Embarkation!
- Keep identification and cruise documents handy. Put them in your carry-on bag. Do not pack them in your luggage. You will need to produce these documents several times before boarding your ship.
- Assist security. Heightened security measures at the Port help to ensure your safety. Please cooperate with security personnel to expedite boarding.
- Tag your luggage. Complete and attach the luggage tags provided by your cruise line. If you don’t have luggage tags, Porters at the cruise terminal can provide them.
- Carry valuables. Carry on any valuables, breakables, personal items and medications, along with your photo ID and cruise documents.
- Follow signs at the port. Digital directional signs with ship names and terminal assignments are updated daily.